Installation Problem

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I have previously installed the Word 2007 Redaction Tool on two other PCs (including a laptop Windows 7 64-bit) without any problem until trying to load it on my new Windows 7 64-bit desktop.  I have attempted to so do multiple times (also uninstalling & reinstalling) and keep receiving this error message:

Name: Word 2007 Redaction Tool
From: file:///C:/Users/Renee/AppData/Local/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading file:///C:/Users/Renee/AppData/Local/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Application Files/Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Renee\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Renee\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Renee\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
   at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

I am not proficient in analyzing this sort of programming language and was hoping that someone could explain what is going wrong and what I may do to finish installing the add-in.  I am using Office 2010 Professional.  Thanks so much for any assistance offered!

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Hi Renee,

Sorry you're having trouble - are you downloading the installer file to your PC, then running it, or starting it by clicking Run directly from the web browser? If it's the latter, can you try saving it first, then running it?

One more thing if that doesn't work - if you right-click on the downloaded file and click Properties, the window that comes up should have a button at the bottom that says Unblock. Can you click that and then try one more time?

Thanks!

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Hi, Tristand -

Thanks so much for your reply. I was saving then running the
installation, so I knew that was not the problem. I went to the
properties box for the application and unblocked it. After that, the
program installed perfectly!

I greatly appreciate your assistance with this issue.

Best wishes,

Renee

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: tristand
>
> Hi Renee,
>
> Sorry you're having trouble - are you downloading the installer file to your
> PC, then running it, or starting it by clicking Run directly from the web
> browser? If it's the latter, can you try saving it first, then running it?
>
> One more thing if that doesn't work - if you right-click on the downloaded
> file and click Properties, the window that comes up should have a button at
> the bottom that says Unblock. Can you click that and then try one more time?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Renée Grissom