Is there possible to do redaction work programatically with C#?

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Hi All,

I have downloaded the Word 2007/2010 Redaction tool plug in my word 2007.It is working fine with Manually. Actually, i have manipulating Word 2007/2010 documents in C# through the help of Open XML SDK 2.0(Add,delete,Upate Word paragraphs) successfully.

Now i want to do the redaction work programatically in C#.I dont know is it possible with this redaction tool( as i mentioned, i installed this plugin) or not.

Can i access and do the functionalities of this plug through C# code?

I dont think, it is not possible with Open XML SDK 2.0...

Please Guide me to get clear idea about this and also suggest your ways to proceed the approach towards Automatic Redaction through C# Code...
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM
This tool isn't designed for automation scenarios (it's an add-in to the client app designed to be run by a user directly), but it's certainly possible to do something similar via the Open XML SDK - you would just need to do the "mark" phase in Word, then use the SDK to find those marked runs and redact their contents.
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Thanks a lot Tristand... Could you pass some links for open xml sdk redact work, if possible?
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I don't know of any examples that already exist, unfortunately - you would be blazing a new trail here. :)
May 19, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Edited May 19, 2014 at 4:12 AM
I'm tried Word redaction with VB.NET, so this should be able to work with C# as well. You can check out the guide and find a VB.NET to C# converter and have a try.

Regards,
Gabrielle