Word 2013 support

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Hello, I have been using this tool directly for many years and really appreciate how reliable and effective it is. With the recent roll-out of Word 2013 can you please advise if a release that supports Word 2013 is planned?
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Hi - Really glad to hear it's been working well for you! :)

The tool should work on Word 2013 with no changes; I didn't publish a new build because it would have simply changed the name. Are you running into trouble on Word 2013?
Aug 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I have, the add-on would not install. Any tips?
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Can you tell me what error you get? Does the install fail, or does it fail to load in Word itself?

Thanks!
Aug 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Install fails... Downloading file:///C:/User/jason/AppData/Local/Temp/WZSE.TMP/ApplicationFiles/Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1/Word 2007 Recaction
Tool.dll.config.deploy did not succeed

Details:

Name: Word 2007 Redaction Tool
From: file:///C:/Users/jason/AppData/Local/Temp/WZSE3.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading file:///C:/Users/jason/AppData/Local/Temp/WZSE3.TMP/Application Files/Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE3.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE3.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE3.TMP\Application Files\Word 2007 Redaction Tool_1_2_0_1\Word 2007 Redaction Tool.dll.config.deploy'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Thanks - I've been trying to track down this setup error, but it's very intermittent. If you try it again, does it install correctly, or is it consistent for you?
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Thanks. No, I've tried to install it several times and it gives me the same error.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM
OK, thanks - the frustrating thing is that this is the one place where I don't write any code directly (the installer is built automatically), so I'm not sure what I can do, but will keep poking around. I just tried it at home, and it failed the first time, but worked the second when I hit the Install button at the end as soon as I could after it showed up, so there may be a timing thing too if you want to try that. :)
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
That worked. Thanks for your help.