Fails to install

Feb 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM
I ran the app from the webpage and it did not show up in the "Add-ins" page, then I downloaded it and ran it. I turned off all my anti-virus & root kit apps, unblocked the program; all to no avail. Maybe the app isn't really suited for Windows 7 fully updated or Office 2010. Pity, it might have been an interesting addition to the Office site. If there is a solution to this problem, I'd be interested it hearing about it.
Feb 10, 2015 at 5:43 AM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble - just to confirm what you're seeing, the installer completes successfully, but the add-in doesn't actually install?
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Correct, and it does not appear in the add-ons either.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Thanks for confirming - the setup logic of the one thing I don't control (it's automatically generated by Visual Studio); let me see what I can find out about what might be going wrong. If you want to build the code yourself, that will bypass the setup logic, if that's an option.
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Sorry, I could build a Lego skyscraper easier than build codes! Will await your solution.

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:00 PM
When you install, do you see a dialog box that says "Microsoft Office Customization Installer" at the end of the installation? What happens when you click Install (if anything)?
Feb 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM

It must have been my Comodo firewall that was stopping the installation, when I disabled it (which I did not want to do before) it loaded and seems to be working. Sorry for the bother, thanks for your interest in my problem.