Marking text works ok, I'm getting error when redacting

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:57 PM

The installation seemed to work ok (2nd time around).

I can open the dialogues, mark the text ; when I invoke the redact function I get the message

"An error was encountered while redacting this document"

The marked sections remain, but no redacting is done.

I had "Word 2003 redaction" module installed from a previous Office2003 installation;

I removed it, de-installed Word2007 Redaction Tool and re-installed it. Same problem.

I'm running Office 2007 French ; could that be the cause of the problem ?

Normand

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Definitely shouldn't be - does this happen with every document you try to redact (i.e. a new blank document with no text), or just with a specific document?

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Yes, I tried with an existing document and a new one.

This morning, while opening up Word, I get the following message :

Name: Word 2007 Redaction Tool

From: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Montour.IRO/LOCALS~1/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

Customized functionality in this program will not work because one or more of the files for the following customization cannot be found: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Uninstall the customization from the Add or Remove Programs dialog box in Control Panel, and then install the customization from the following location: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Montour.IRO/LOCALS~1/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto.

************** Exception Text **************

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.OfflineAddInFailedException: Customized functionality in this program will not work because one or more of the files for the following customization cannot be found: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Uninstall the customization from the Add or Remove Programs dialog box in Control Panel, and then install the customization from the following location: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Montour.IRO/LOCALS~1/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070002)

à System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.CreateActContext(CreateActContextParameters& Params)

à System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.CreateActContext(IDefinitionAppId AppId)

à System.ActivationContext.CreateFromName(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity)

à System.ActivationContext.CreatePartialActivationContext(ApplicationIdentity identity)

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.HandleOffline(IClickOnceAddInInstaller addInInstaller, String applicationIdentity, Uri deploymentManifestUri, String productName)

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.HandleOffline(IClickOnceAddInInstaller addInInstaller, String applicationIdentity, Uri deploymentManifestUri, String productName)

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I tried to uninstall it and I cannot find it in the list of software in the "Add/suppress software" in configuration.

When trying to reinstall, I get this message :

Name:

From: file:///E:/NormandMontour/Test/Caviardage/Outils/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/Test/Caviardage/Outils/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.AddInAlreadyInstalledException: The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/Test/Caviardage/Outils/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySolutionCodebaseIsUnchanged(Uri uri, String subscriptionId, Boolean previouslyInstalled)

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

So it thinks it is installed when it appears that it isn,t....

N.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM

So you don't see "Word 2007 Redaction Tool" in Add/Remove Programs? If you browse to file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Montour.IRO/LOCALS~1/Temp/WZSE0.TMP/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto, is the original file still there? If so, can you double-click it (to try and reinstall it)?

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hello Tristand,

No, I do not have this file ;  I also uninstalled the .net for office SP1 thingy and reinstalled ;

I still get this error :

Name:

From: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.AddInAlreadyInstalledException: The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

à Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySolutionCodebaseIsUnchanged(Uri uri, String subscriptionId, Boolean previouslyInstalled)

Still no Word 2007 redaction in my list of applications in config panel.

I do have the install log, is there an email address I can sent it to ?

Normand (you can also call me at 514-920-0020 x231)

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Okay, let's try to brute-force remove the solution then..

If you can try this:

1. Make sure nothing's in Add/Remove Programs from the reinstall attempt (sounds like not). If so, uninstall it.
  2. Search for vstoinstaller.exe on your hard drive (it should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTO\9.0). Note that location.
  3. Search for *.vsto and locate the existing copy of the VSTO solution file for the add-in
  4. From the directory in #1, run VSTOinstaller /uninstall <path to the .vsto file>

The run Word and make sure things are clean (i.e. the add-in is gone and you get no error messages) before trying to reinstall it.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hello Tristand,

Things aren’t much clearer ; I tried to locate the .VSTO file anywhere on my “C:” drive and it did not find it.

I’m including the error log of the install, if it can be of any help.

Regards

Normand

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

3100, Côte-Vertu, bureau 510
Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8
Tél: +1 514-920-0020 poste 231

Fax: +1 514-920-0028
www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

De : tristand [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : 3 décembre 2009 13:10
À : montour@irosoft.com
Objet : Re: Marking text works ok, I'm getting error when redacting [redaction:76423]

Okay, let's try to brute-force remove the solution then..

If you can try this:

1. Make sure nothing's in Add/Remove Programs from the reinstall attempt (sounds like not). If so, uninstall it.

2. Search for vstoinstaller.exe on your hard drive (it should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTO\9.0). Note that location.

3. Search for *.vsto and locate the existing copy of the VSTO solution file for the add-in

4. From the directory in #1, run VSTOinstaller /uninstall <path to the .vsto file>

The run Word and make sure things are clean (i.e. the add-in is gone and you get no error messages) before trying to reinstall it.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (redaction@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email redaction@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Hmm.. okay. At this point I'm a little stumped - let me speak to some people and see if I can come up with another solution.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Okay, next thing to try:

Can you edit the registry and delete this key if present: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool? That should get us back to clean state from which we can reinstall.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Hello Tristand,

I found the key (not exactly the text you mentioned (the word Codeplex was not there) ;

I deleted it, and tried install again ; same message :

Name:

From: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.AddInAlreadyInstalledException: The customization cannot be installed because another version is currently installed and cannot be upgraded from this location. To install this version of the customization, first use Add or Remove Programs to uninstall this program: Word 2007 Redaction Tool. Then install the new customization from the following location: file:///E:/NormandMontour/CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool/Word 2007 Redaction Tool.vsto

I did find another Key under “Microsoft” which just called “Redaction” ; perhaps left over from the old Office2003 redaction tool.

There is another branch under Microsoft keys called VSTA which seem to contain “Redaction” in the Product name key.

I hope this helps.

Normand

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 7 décembre 2009 19:21
Objet : Re: Marking text works ok, I'm getting error when redacting [redaction:76423]

Okay, next thing to try:

Can you edit the registry and delete this key if present: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\CodePlex Word 2007 Redaction Tool? That should get us back to clean state from which we can reinstall.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (redaction@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email redaction@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Okay, next thing to try is totally clearing your ClickOnce cache.

Can you search for mage.exe on your machine and run mage -cc from that directory? If you don't have it, you will need to grab it from the Windows SDK from http://download.microsoft.com/.

Once you have it, run mage.exe -cc

and then we can try reinstalling again.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Hello Tristand,

I installed the SDK, ran the utility, and got the same message :

Name:

What to do now ?

Regards

Normand

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 14 décembre 2009 14:44

Okay, next thing to try is totally clearing your ClickOnce cache.

Can you search for mage.exe on your machine and run mage -cc from that directory? If you don't have it, you will need to grab it from the Windows SDK from http://download.microsoft.com/.

Once you have it, run mage.exe -cc

and then we can try reinstalling again.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Do you get that error right after you run mage -cc, or once you try to reinstall?

If the latter, what appears after you run mage -cc?

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Hello Tristand :

Here are the results of the mage command :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin>mage -cc

Application cache cleared.

The other message I received is after trying to reinstall the software after the mage command cleanup.

Regards

Normand

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 16 décembre 2009 03:14

Do you get that error right after you run mage -cc, or once you try to reinstall?

If the latter, what appears after you run mage -cc?

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM

OK - let me look into this. I'll let you know if I have any other ideas.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Hi Guys,

A few days ago, I have the same issue with my VSTO Outlook add-in.

After some experiments with system registry, I have discovered, that for the correct manual uninstall of the outlook customization you must to delete keys, which noted below as dynamic path.

NOTE:

Path to the key contain two parts:

-          bold selected, which correspond to the static path;

-          normal selected, which correspond to the dynamic path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata\{2ec93463-b0c3-45e1-8364-327e96aea856}_{3f471841-eef2-47d6-89c0-d028f03a4ad5}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\CRMSyncOutlook

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions\83f1159f-b6d6-40de-a6a3-813c295756b8

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTO\Security\Inclusion\8fdb4cdc-5233-44b8-b714-dc597f4251c2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A038EC5F21C9FBBE3822442A3D67223DCCF1E5EC

Warning: Please back up your registry before you make any modification. About how to back up and restore your registry, you can refer the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 

It'll be great if it help you.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM

What do you think Tristand ?

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

De : lRUSHl [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : 22 décembre 2009 11:25

Hi Guys,

A few days ago, I have the same issue with my VSTO Outlook add-in.

After some experiments with system registry, I have discovered, that for the correct manual uninstall of the outlook customization you must to delete keys, which noted below as dynamic path.

NOTE:

Path to the key contain two parts:

- bold selected, which correspond to the static path;

- normal selected, which correspond to the dynamic path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\PackageMetadata\{2ec93463-b0c3-45e1-8364-327e96aea856}_{3f471841-eef2-47d6-89c0-d028f03a4ad5}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\CRMSyncOutlook

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions\83f1159f-b6d6-40de-a6a3-813c295756b8

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTO\Security\Inclusion\8fdb4cdc-5233-44b8-b714-dc597f4251c2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A038EC5F21C9FBBE3822442A3D67223DCCF1E5EC

Warning: Please back up your registry before you make any modification. About how to back up and restore your registry, you can refer the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

It'll be great if it help you.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2009 at 8:07 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM

This should work - but as the poster said, editing the registry is a dangerous operation and could cause other issues.

If you do want to pursue this to get the add-in to work, the best thing to do to start would probably be to inventory the keys under the bold keys listed above. (i.e. don't make any edits, just list them out in a reply)

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hello Tristand,

Here’s all I could find… sorry it’s in the form of images, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of copy registry entries…

Let me know if you find anything interesting

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 24 décembre 2009 04:08

This should work - but as the poster said, editing the registry is a dangerous operation and could cause other issues.

If you do want to pursue this to get the add-in to work, the best thing to do to start would probably be to inventory the keys under the bold keys listed above.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Unfortunately, images don't come through to the forum - can you type the name of the registry entries?

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Tristand,

Unfortunately, I have only the images ; I don’t think I can afford to retype all that’s there, plus there is the risk of typos..

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 31 décembre 2009 02:06

Unfortunately, images don't come through to the forum - can you type the name of the registry entries?

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Can you paste all the images into a Word document and upload it to a new work item here: http://redaction.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx? That should preserve everything.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Tristand,

Done !

Normand

Normand Montour
conseiller sénior
Irosoft Inc

Irosoft_2008_LOGO

Saint-Laurent, (Québec)
H4R 2J8

www.irosoft.com
montour@irosoft.com

Envoyé : 5 janvier 2010 23:11

Can you paste all the images into a Word document and upload it to a new work item here: http://redaction.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx? That should preserve everything.