Word 2007/2010 Redaction Tool
The Word 2007/2010 Redaction Tool can be used to redact text within Microsoft Office Word documents.
The Word 2007/2010 Redaction tool works by allowing users to redact a document using a two stage process:
- First, regions of text which should be redacted are marked within the document.
- Second, the marked document is redacted, and all marked text is replaced.
The add-in adds a Redact group to Word's Review tab:
- Mark marks the selected content for redaction
- Unmark removes all redaction marks from the selected range
- Next moves the selection to the next redaction mark in the document (useful to see what content is marked)
- Previous moves the selection to the previous redaction mark in the document
For more information, please consult the documentation on the Releases
- This add-in is not officially supported by Microsoft; however, the source code is available so it can be viewed and modified (please consult the License tab if you have any questions on licensing).
- We recommend that you carefully review any documents redacted using this tool to confirm that all the information that you intended to redact was successfully redacted.
As well, if you have cheers/jeers/feature requests, please submit them on the Discussions page - I'd love to hear from you.